Monday, July 22, 2013

Drugstore Beauty Haul

Hello Internet! I know, I know. I have been gone for far too long. I've missed blogging but have seriously had some major blogger's block. I just haven't thought of anything too interesting or inspiring to blog about. I'm sure I'll have more to write about once I start school (although less time lolol) in the fall. Speaking of school, I spent the past week shopping to the point of exhaustion for my upcoming college experience.


In one of my previous posts, my college haul, I mentioned that I was moving into an apartment to attend a community college for two years before transferring. Well, long story short: things have changed. I'm not attending a 4-year university and will be living in the dorms! I'm excited for this and have been anticipating the shopping for dorm/college stuff for a very long time and that time finally came. Even though I don't move into my dorm for another two months (Sept. 20th, to be exact), I wanted to get a head start on shopping so I could get my hands on things before everything is picked clean (and because I was anxious).

I bought a lot of stuff recently and I originally wanted to do a haul of this stuff but, honestly, it would be pretty hard to make a post of all this stuff. If you're interested in seeing the stuff I bought for my dorm then let me know! But for now, I thought I would show you the makeup goodies I bought on one of my shopping trips from a couple of days ago.

I haven't really used any of these products yet, aside from the occasional swatch. This is why some of the products are already opened (I couldn't wait!). Most of them are from Target, with the exception of a few items. After that long-ass intro, here it is!:


First, I got the Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipes. I also picked up the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in the color Ivory. I had heard great things about the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation and was surprised to find it was only half the price of most drugstore foundations so I had to try this one out. Then, Fred Meyer had this deal where you buy two Revlon eye products for $12 and, seeing as most individually were around 9 or 10 dollars, I couldn't pass it up. So I got the Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen in the color Blackest Black as well as the Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eyeshadow quad in Moonlit.
 
 
I picked up some nail polish remover in the strengthening formula, seeing as my nails are pretty darn weak. I got the Maybelline Clean Express Eye Makeup Remover. I have been dying to try out the Revlon Lip Butters and they have an amazing color selection and I went with the shade Pink Lemonade, which is a very pretty neutral pink. The EOS lip balms are my favorite and my last one opened in my bag and was ruined so I had to get another. This one is in Sweet Mint (which smells so good btw!). I had been wanting the Essie polish in the color In the Cab-Ana so bad but could not find it anywhere! I'm pretty sure it's a newer color too so I was disappointed. However, I've also had my eye on a fairly similar color, Where's My Chauffeur, and found this one at Fred Meyer so I new I had to have it.


I find the ELF eye brushes to be pretty great; they get the job done. So I wanted to get the fluffy eyeshadow brush (I already have the shader brush). I also got the Sonia Kashuk Blush Brush, seeing as I'm not the biggest fan of the ELF face brushes. When it came to mascara, Maybelline The Rocket was a no brainer. I knew I wanted to try out the Maybelline Color Tattoos so I got the shade (surprise surprise) Bad to the Bronze and am in love with the color. The last item I got was also the most expensive; it's the Yes To Grapefruit Dark Circle Correcting Eye Cream. I've heard great things about this and I am in desperate need of a good, effective eye cream.

These are all the products I picked up and hope to do another (probably smaller) beauty haul again soon after I pick up the rest of my essentials for going away to college. A few of these products were on my Summer 2013 Wishlist although in different shades/colors!

Let me know if you've tried any of these products and what you think!

Connect with me:
Twitter: www.twitter.com/missbre13

Instagram: 00bree

4 comments:

  1. Lovely haul! I really want to try the Rocket mascara! :)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about it so hopefully it lives up to its reputation! I'll let you know how I like it :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post...I like your pretty blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these hauls are making me so desperate to splash some serious cash on beauty products, arghhh !!! xx

    Find me on bloglovin:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/7392713

    ReplyDelete